- 1 cup of red rice (rinse)
- 1/2 cup of lotus seed (rinse)
- 1/2 cup of dried lily bulbs/百合 bai he (rinse)
- 2 stalks of coriander (dice)
- 1 portion of ginger (cut into thin strips, stir-fry in 1/2 bowl of heated oil, dish out and set aside)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of vegetarian seasoning
- Prepare 1/2 pot of water, add red rice + lotus seeds + dried lily bulbs.
- Briefly boil over high heat.
- Switch to low heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add salt + vegetarian seasoning.
- Scoop the porridge into serving bowls, top with stir-fried ginger strips and oil + diced coriander and serve.