- 2 small packets of oyster mushroom (rinse and drain)
- 1 cup of self-rising flour (mix with 1 cup of water + 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper powder + 1/2 teaspoon of salt + 1/2 teaspoon of sugar; serves as a frying paste)
- 1 tablespoon of chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 limes (squeeze the juice)
- 1/8 teaspoon of tapioca starch (mix with some water; serves as a thickener)
- Coat the abalone mushrooms with the frying paste, fry in heated oil, dish out and set on a plate.
- With some remaining hot oil, stir-fry chili sauce + tomato sauce + lime juice + sugar.
- Add 1 cup of water and simmer.
- Thicken the sauce with tapioca paste.
- Dish out and slowly pour the sauce over the abalone mushroom crisps.