- 1 packet of hundred layer tofu 百叶豆腐 (cut into small cubes, fry and set on a plate)
- 1 lemon (squeeze the juice)
- 1/2 cucumber (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 carrot (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 teaspoon of tapioca starch (mix with some water, blend well; serves as food thickener)
- 1/2 tablespoon of chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Stir-fry chili sauce + sugar + salt + tomato sauce + carrot strips.
- Add one cup of water and simmer.
- Add lemon juice + cucumber strips + soy sauce and stir well.
- Thicken the sauce with tapioca starch paste.
- Dish out and slowly pour the sauce over the fried hundred layer tofu cubes.