The vegetarian recipe for Steamed Brown Sugar Cupcakes:
servings – 10 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups wheat flour (sieve)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups water
- Place brown sugar and water (1 1/2 cup) in a pot, bring to a boil, stir well and turn off the heat.
- Add baking powder, gently stir and let it cool.
- Add wheat flour and mix evenly to form a smooth batter.
- Combine baking soda with 1/2 cup warm water, add it to the batter and stir well.
- Place paper cup cake cases in the metal cupcake molds and pour the batter into the cases.
- Steam over high heat for about 10 minutes.