The vegetarian recipe for Lettuce Rolls:
servings – 5
- 10 lettuce leaves (wash, blanch, drain and set aside)
- 1/2 loaf vegetarian roasted duck/素黄金鸭 su huang jin ya (dice)
- 5 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until soft, remove the stems and cut into strips)
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch (mix with some water; serves as a thickener)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- Heat oil, add shiitake mushrooms and vegetarian roasted duck; saute until fragrant.
- Add salt, sugar, vegetarian oyster sauce and tapioca paste; mix evenly, saute until fragrant, dish out and place in a bowl.
- Take a lettuce leaf, lay 1 tbsp filling in the center, wrap and roll up; repeat.