The vegetarian recipe for ‘Penne Pasta with Tomato and Mushroom':
- 250 gm penne pasta (boil pasta in lightly salted water for 8-10 minutes until al dente, drain and set aside)
- 6 ripe red medium size tomatoes (diced)
- 250 gm button mushrooms (sliced)
- 10 baby corns (halved)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 10 pitted green olives (halved)
- 10 pitted black olives (halved)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 50gm cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the diced tomatoes and saute till soft.
- Add dried basil & oregano, salt and pepper.
- Keep on stirring after couple of minutes & cook for about 15 minutes on a low flame.
- Now add the mushrooms & baby corns & cook for 10 minutes.
- Finally add the olives and cook for 1 minutes.
- Serve the penne with the tomato mixture and garnished with shredded cheese and chopped parsley.