- 1 cup of white rice
- some pandan leaves
- 1 ginger (crush)
- 1 piece of vegetarian salted chicken (defrost, fry until golden brown, drain, cool and cut into medium rectangles; serves as an accompaniment)
- 1/2 cucumber (slice)
- 10 fresh chilies (blend with 1/2 cup of water in a blender and set aside)
- 5 limes (cut into halves and squeeze the juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon of tapioca starch (mix with some water; serves as a thickener)
- some salt
- sugar (the amount is described in the cooking method below)
- 1/8 teaspoon of vegetarian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of rice vinegar
- Heat up 4 tablespoons of oil, stir-fry a big portion of crushed ginger + pandan leaves until fragrant.
- Dish out, combine with white rice + 1 cup of water + vegetarian seasoning in a rice cooker and cook.
- gingery soya sauce：Stir-fry the remaining portion of crushed ginger until fragrant. Add 1 cup of water + 1/2 teaspoon of sugar + vegetarian oyster sauce + salt and simmer. Then thicken the sauce with tapioca paste.
- sweet & sour chili sauce：Combine blended chilies + salt + rice vinegar + lime juice + 1 tablespoon of sugar and bring to a boil.