- 1 taro (dice)
- 3 cups of rice flour (mix with 3 cups of water, stir well)
- 1 packet of diced preserved turnip (soak in water for 5 minutes, drain and set aside)
- 1 1/2 cups of ready-made fried shiitake strips/香脆丝 xiang cui si
- 1 tablespoon of five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- chili sauce
- Taro cake = Stir-fry diced taro + five-spice powder + salt + sugar + soy sauce in 1 cup of heated oil. Add rice flour, mix well and stir-fry until nearly absorbed. Immediately, dish out and lay onto a baking pan. Smooth the surface, add some water and smooth again. Steam for 25 minutes.
- Topping = Stir-fry diced preserved turnip + fried shiitake strips in 1 cup of heated oil. Dish out, cool and grind in a blender.
- Top the taro cake with ground turnip and shiitake when it’s cool.
- Lastly, cut the taro cake into diamond shapes and serve with chili sauce.